ROTARY PROGRAMME PAST PARTICIPANTS
District 9930 is compiling a centralised database of individuals who reside within the district and have successfully completed one or more Rotary programmes. Holding this information will give an ability to promote other Rotary programmes to suitable people on the register and to approach such people to consider participating as members of the wider Rotary family on projects etc., or even to join Rotary.
Rotary programmes fall into two groupings:
Rotary Foundation Alumni:
Membership of the alumni is available to all individuals who have successfully participated in and graduated from a Rotary Foundation programme (i.e. Rotary World Peace Fellows, Ambassadorial Scholars, Group Study Exchange team leaders and members). In time our hope is for qualifying individuals to take the initiative and form a district association around the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a common bond among Rotary Foundation alumni
- To provide a connection enabling alumni to network with one another and with Rotarians
- To link the vocational interests of alumni with similar interests of Rotarians and other alumni
- To provide opportunities for involvement in Rotary educational and humanitarian service projects
- To facilitate membership in Rotary clubs, including e-clubs
Rotary Non-Foundation Programmes:
There are numerous Rotary programmes that fall outside the Rotary Foundation and our aim is to also have a register of people who have successfully completed these programmes. Rotary programmes falling into this category include the International Youth Exchange programme, the Summer Science School, Rotary Youth Leadership Academy, the Georgia Rotary Scholarship Programme etc.