Wairoa is the jewel of the East coast and gateway to the Mahia Peninsula and Lake Waikaremoana.
Just as Wairoa is the jewel so is the Rotary Club of Wairoa. We are a small but enthusiastic group who enjoy the camaraderie that comes from being able to serve our community.
Our local projects include:
- Hosting Finale Party for Wairoa Public Library
- Summer Reading Programme - Literacy support
- Tree Planting with DOC - environmental economic development
- Meals on Wheels - care of the elderly
- Traffic wardens barbeque - support for youth leadership
- Hosting Rotary Friendship Exchange teams
Youth are a focus, in particular giving them opportunities to take part in national programmes:
- Rotary leadership courses
- Rotary international student exchange programmes
- Rotary Summer Science Schools for young people