The Rotary Club of Katikati (the western Bay of Plenty “Mural Town” not far from Waihi Beach) was chartered in 1971. Our members represent a wide range of vocations, including several growers of kiwifruit and avocados.
We enjoy the fellowship of the weekly meetings while contributing to the community through involvement in local, national and international projects, including:
- Supporting young people to attend Rotary leadership and Outward Bound courses
- Supporting Rotary Summer Science Schools for young people
- Purchase of Emergency Response Kits for disasters in the pacific region
- Sponsoring and supporting Rotary Youth Exchange students
- Sending refurbished laptop computers to Pacific island schools and colleges
- Providing iPads for elderly people